I’m quite the shallow person when it comes to things that make me happy. Recently, I’ve been on a streak—and hopefully I won’t break it.
In the grand tradition of making lists, here are my instant cheer pills lately.
- Silly boy crushes. I get all giddy like a high school girl with a crush whenever I see stuff about my current faves. I once spent half the day reading through 300 questions on Logan Lerman’s formspring (and eventually falling in love with him ever more, hahaha! I know, I know. I’m 27, he’s 18. So what? Haha!). Then when I read news about Nick Jonas playing Marius in Les Miz, I listened to Nick Jonas and the Administration the entire day. HAHA! I can get pretty obsessive.
- Cheap thrills. Roch recently discovered this P16 treat in the grocery that almost tastes like Kinder Bueno. Yum-o! Look for a P100 pack of Tronky (strange name). It has 6 sticks of chocolate. I’m a sucker for anything with hazelnut chocolate.
I also snagged a pack of Iced Gems at the grocery. I loved this when I was still in school—and apparently, I still do!
And just this Monday, I snagged a bunch of nice stuff from ukay! I missed my usual haunts and got this super cute cardi for only P50!!! Can you believe it? Can’t wait for Baguio ukay when my friends and I head up there.
- Quality time with friends. I spent two nights in a row, hanging out with one of my favorite couples (hello, Kaich ♥ Ry!) spontaneously! First night was in honor of Sprinkles cupcakes semi-fresh from LA (they were yum even if they got a bit dry from being refrigerated—DO NOT REFRIGERATE, the box said hehe) and then congratulatory crepes the following night for my little victory at work. (:
Just got home from a shoot (yes, on a Saturday) with my friends (I love that I can call them this and not just officemates). Treated them to Serenitea (our faaaave!) to celebrate said victory. Hee.
- A piece of paper. Isn’t amazing how a single piece of paper can totally make your day? Two days ago, I signed a piece of paper that—to me, at least—meant I was doing a good job. After four years, I can happily say that I am in the right place. (:
- Cool nights. It’s a luxury for me to turn on the AC at night. Even if it’s only for two hours before I sleep, I always feel guilty for turning it on. So now that it’s been raining and it doesn’t feel to hot anymore, I can get by with just the fan. (: Pretty sure our electric bill will be happy about it, too.
So despite four consecutive weekends of working (seriously!), I am tired but happy and fulfilled. Now if only my connection would be a tad bit faster, I’d be ecstatic! Have a good weekend!