Making a yearly soundtrack has been a tradition I’ve kept since 2002 (save for a year—2004—I skipped). This year’s list is heavily influenced by my Discover Weekly, the movies we watched for Sunday Movie Club, and my short-lived dance classes pre-lockdown.
- “Save a Little for Yourself” by Mandy Moore
- “Waiting” by K-S
- “Dreamsome” by Shelby Lynne
- “Mariposa” Del Water Gap
- “You Are Not Who I Thought I Was” by Sondre Lerche
- “Summer Girl” by HAIM
- “evermore” by Taylor Swift featuring Bon Iver
- “Love Again” by Brandy featuring Daniel Caesar
- “All Me” Kehlani featuring Keyshia Cole
- “White Boy” by Jensen Mcrae
- “Lover” by Niall Horan and FLETCHER
- “I Can’t Believe” by Cyn
- “21” by Gracie Abrams
- “exile” by Taylor Swift featuring Bon Iver
My listening habits are usually dictated by albums getting released. I listen to it until I’m sawa and then I go back to old faves. Sometimes I will listen to just one song for an entire week. But every Monday, I will consistently check and play my Discover Weekly, where every so often, I discover a gem or two.
I remember how 2019 gave me three of my most memorable musical experiences, and I’m a little sad that we didn’t get to experience live music when the lockdown was implemented early in 2020. Here’s hoping there’s more music coming this year. I don’t mind if I just have to listen through speakers for now.